Friday, 16 August 2013

Video Games Live Level Three - Kickstart My Heart

Finally something that I DON'T have to be upset about.

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Video Games Live. When I went to a concert in my small town I was super excited before going to the show, and it completely met my expectations. Even though it was a smaller venue, the experience was no less amazing. It's something that I heartily recommend everyone who enjoys game music try to see at least once.

That being said, there's been two albums that have been released for those that haven't gotten a chance to see the live show. Although they're not as all encompassing as the live shows, they're still quite good. Well, now they want to make a third album, and they're heading to Kickstarter in order to get it done.

Although this is just personal, I'm of course going to be donating. I haven't really decided how much to yet, as there are concerns over budget and whatnot, but I know that I will be giving something. Although I'm not going to browbeat anyone into giving money (this is the Internet and that would be dumb, even for it), I think that if you like video game music, and think that it can be appreciated outside of the medium as well, then you should at least take a look and consider pitching in.

Tommy Tallarico has been one of the driving forces behind this entire thing, and whether or not you like the way the man conducts himself, I believe that you would be remiss to doubt his passion. The video that was made for the Kickstarter has him saying that each reward tier is generally worth at least quadruple what the person puts into it, and seeing some of what they're offering, yeah, I can believe that.

After only two days, they've already raised about $80,000 of the quarter-million they're asking for. I'm hoping that they can get even more than that, but I suppose that's ultimately up to everyone out there. It's certainly a strong start, and I'm eager to see if they can even go beyond that goal and offer more. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Anyways, even though this is a short, and admittedly fairly biased, posting, I think that it was still something that I needed to get out there, if only because I feel so strongly about VGL myself. This is a great time to see what all the fuss is about if you haven't already, or to chip in and get yourself more of a good thing if you've been a fan before now. To that end, I leave you with this:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.